Council approved a new policy on Life Membership for the Institute. The Policy is as stated below:
- Fellow members of the Institute, who have been in the register of members for a consistent period of 10 years, may apply for life membership.
- Applicants for Life Membership should pay a sum equivalent to ten (10) years’ cumulative Membership Fee.
- Membership fees are defined as all approved mandatory annual payments due from a member to the Institute as at the date of the application.
- However, Fellow members who are sixty-five (65) years old and above in good financial standing as at the time of the application, may pay a lump sum equivalent to 50% of the normal Life Membership fees.
- The applicant must be in good financial standing with the Institute as at the time of application.
- The applicant must have a clean character record with the Institute.
- Life Membership will be withdrawn from a holder at any time if he/she is indicted of crime or brings the Institute to disrepute in any way.
- Non-payment of Annual subscription.
- Being able to practise (if desired) as Stockbroker on the floor of the Nigerian Stock Exchange.
- Exclusive invitations to attend the entire Institute’s organised events.
- Insurance benefit opportunity.